Home > Life Experiments > Intro to Greening Your Life

Intro to Greening Your Life

Living in Lala land, it’s hard not to be swept up by the green revolution (not the Iranian one) in every day households.  My husband has rather sensitive skin and being on the other side of the melanin spectrum as myself, I’ve been more aware of what we (read: me) need to do around the house to have a safe and healthy environment.  It’s become pretty clear to me that the “greening” your home can be more than just the new chic thing to do but a means to a healthier lifestyle.  In the US, the green market seems to be the next exploding niche market — it’s hard to go into Costco or Target like store without being smacked with “natural,” “green,” or “organic.”  And when I do go into those stores, I have to take a deep breath and muddle through the information because I know that some are being honest and truthful, but some are unnecessary anddownright misleading.  Tackling this subject would take many, many posts (which I hope to do one day) but the first step is realizing that there is muck you have to tread through. Some of that muck includes downright mislabeling of products (really, what does natural mean?), omission of ingredients (so, if it’s 70% organic, what about the other 30%?), hyping of certain chemicals (ok, a chemical that your floors and feet can handle probably isn’t good for you to be washing your private parts with and I was never intending on that that anyway), or how responsible is  a company and their credentials (wow!  you got the backing of the Sierra Club after…you…gave…them a masssive…amount…of money?)  So, I’ve decided to write down some of my findings that I’ve come across in the past year and those that I will be coming by in the future.  I’m by no means a hippie-granola type but someone who wants to figure out what can work best, what is worth it’s value, and who are the real boogie men in a green world FOR YOU since everyone has difference sensitivities.  Expect posts about specific products, companies, upcycling projects, and anything else I can think of!  And as always, please feel free to tell me what you wish for me to research.

Advertisements
Categories: Life Experiments Tags:
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: